5 Cerberus Street, Donvale VIC, Australia
Piano Lessons | Trumpet Lessons | Theory Lessons, Music And Movement For Under Fives
- Qualifications: B.Ed., B.MusEd., Registered Teacher with Victorian Institute of Teaching (includes Working with Children Check)
- Pricing: $40/ half hour lesson $55/45 min lesson $70/hour lesson. $5 discounted for each additional student/sibling from the same household where lessons are scheduled consecutively.
- Styles: All
- Suitability: Ages 4 to adult. Beginner and intermediate instrumental students. Special needs learners of all abilities.
- Beginner to intermediate piano or trumpet lessons offered in all musical genres on a weekly basis.
- Music theory instruction and opportunities for performance accompany practical musical instruction.
- Individualised, creative and flexible musical experiences for students with special needs available.
- Passionate, experienced and dedicated educator with a flexible teaching style to meet goals.
- Professional, VIT registered teacher (Victorian Institute of Teaching).
- Personal and professional musical experience includes bachelor degrees in Education and Music Education from Canada, membership in various orchestras, jazz ensembles and choirs, as well as playing trumpet in a touring band, teaching early childhood music, teaching private lessons (piano, trumpet, trombone) and classroom teaching at a special development school.
I provide a fun and creative musical environment to inspire learners of all ages to develop a lifelong love for music and creativity.
My services can be as creative and flexible as necessary to meet the needs of the student while developing practical musical skills, knowledge, routines, self-discipline and fostering creativity. Opportunities for performance are offered as an important tool to showcase student’s achievements.
At Carol Fong Music Studio, you might see:
- beginner students starting piano lessons for the first time
- intermediate level students exploring new genres of music or playing duets
- zoom lessons
- trumpet students developing their skills
- adult students returning to playing an instrument
- students with special needs working at their desired pace
- singing and action songs to help very young students engage in learning
- Music therapy sessions, developed by a registered Music Therapist
Student development benefits greatly from learning a new musical language. With structured support, practicing new skills at home helps students develop useful and transferable skills in self-discipline and self-reliance, creating independent learners who take pride in their accomplishments. I love being a part of this process, watching a student’s love for music grow.
Lessons take place at my studio in Donvale on an acoustic piano. Students are welcome to work on an acoustic piano or electric piano at home as long as it has weighted keys.
Please contact me with any questions or for further details.