Piano Lessons | Trumpet Lessons | Theory Lessons, Music And Movement For Under Fives
- Qualifications: B.Ed., B.MusEd., Registered Teacher with Victorian Institute of Teaching (includes Working with Children Check)
- Pricing: $40/ half hour lesson with a $5 discount for each additional student/sibling from the same household.
- Styles: All
- Suitability: 4 to adult. Beginner and intermediate instrumental students. Special needs learners of all abilities.
- Beginner to intermediate piano or trumpet lessons offered in all musical genres on a weekly basis.
- Music theory instruction and opportunities for performance accompany practical musical instruction.
- Individualised, creative and flexible musical experiences for students with special needs available.
- Passionate, experienced and dedicated educator with a flexible teaching style to meet goals.
- Educated professional, fully registered teacher with the Victorian Institute of Teaching.
- Personal and professional musical experience includes bachelor degrees in Education and Music Education from Canada, membership in various orchestras, jazz ensembles and choirs, as well as playing trumpet in a touring band, teaching early childhood music, teaching private lessons (piano, trumpet) and teaching students with special needs in the classroom.
As a music teacher, I strive to provide a fun and creative musical environment to inspire learners of all ages to develop a lifelong love for music and creativity.
My services can be as creative and flexible as necessary to meet the needs of the student while developing practical musical skills, knowledge, routines, self-discipline and fostering creativity. Opportunities for performance are offered as an important tool to showcase student’s achievements.
My private music studio has included students from aged 4 to adult over the past 16 years. I’ve worked one on one with beginner to intermediate music students, tutored instrumentalists with school band material and also developed unique, individualised weekly music lessons for students with special needs.
Student development benefits greatly from learning a new musical language. Also, with structured support, practicing new skills at home helps students develop useful and transferable skills in self-discipline and self-reliance, creating independent learners who take pride in their accomplishments. I love being a part of this process, watching a student’s love for music grow.
Lessons take place at my home in Heathmont, on an acoustic piano. Students are welcome to work on an acoustic piano or electric piano at home as long as it has weighted keys.
Please contact me with any questions or for further details.