Brunswick VIC, Australia
Guitar Lessons | Theory Lessons, Composition Lessons, Jazz Improvisation Lessons, VCE Music Exam Preparation
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Music from Monash University majoring in Jazz Performance (Guitar)
- Pricing: $35 per half hour/$60 per hour, held in Brunswick.
- Styles: Jazz, Fusion, Rock, Blues, Metal, Funk, Pop, Classical
- Suitability: All skills levels and all ages.
Bachelor of Music Majoring in Jazz Performance (Monash University)
– 10 years teaching experience, having taught a variety of styles to all skill levels from beginner to advanced, as well as to all age groups.
– Past students have been prepared to audition for and successfully admitted to:
Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School (for Year 9 and Year 11)
Victorian College of the Arts (Bachelor of Music in Jazz and Improvisation)
Melbourne Polytechnic (Bachelor of Music)
Victoria University (Bachelor of Music)
– I perform regularly at music venues around Melbourne, I have also performed at the Melbourne International Jazz Festival, Port Fairy Jazz Festival, Devonport Jazz Festival, and performed at MONA in Hobart as a part of International Jazz Day. I also have a background in many other styles of guitar playing, having played pop/rock/funk/metal and fusion amongst others.
I regularly post clips of myself playing on instagram at @henryrdavisguitar.
Lessons open to all ages and skill levels, tailored to each student with an emphasis on developing well rounded skills required to play music both solo and in a group setting.
My aim as a teacher is to make the lesson as informative and engaging as possible, emphasising a thorough understanding of the core elements of playing but doing so in a way that is not a deterrent to learning.
Some areas I like to cover:
Transitioning between chords emphasising rhythm and quality of sound – Right hand technique – Soloing/Improvising – Reading notated music – Rhythm – Tonal production – Learning the fretboard
Lessons are conducted in Brunswick. I hold a valid Working With Children check.