Drum Lessons | VCE Music Exam Preparation
- Qualifications: Adv. Dip Mus
- Styles: Pop, Rock, Jazz, Funk
- Suitability: All Ages
I’ve been playing drums for over 10 years and been teaching for more than half of that time. Ever since I graduated with an Advanced Diploma of Music from Box Hill Institute in 2011, I have dedicated myself to performing in a number of contexts as well as honing my teaching technique.
Students can expect a typical lesson to look at:
– Development of good hand technique and control
– Playing with backing tracks/accompaniment for developing time and groove
– Sight-reading, aural and music theory exercises
– Stylistic focus influenced by student’s interests and goals
– Creativity; soloing and filling in different contexts
In addition, students are able to enroll in ANZCA board music examinations. Much of my teaching career has been spent teaching within the framework of the ANZCA syllabus. An exam offers students not only a milestone to aim for in their playing but also a wealth of challenging and fun material across a range of styles, encouraging their versatility on the instrument and the further development of theory and reading skills.