Verifying Music Teachers Registration Details
A music teacher or accompanist listing on Melbourne Music Teachers does not imply our recommendation or endorsement. Melbourne Music Teachers has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on the list is correct but accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the information.
Verifying Music Teachers Security
We are committed to protecting your privacy
Melbourne Music Teachers is committed to the security of our customer's personal and company information. All information collected will only be used for the operation of this site. Melbourne Music Teachers does not share or sell customer information with any other source.
Acceptance of policy
This website is owned and operated by Michael Story and lists music teachers, tutors and accompanists who offer music lessons and services. Melbourne Music Teachers's principal place of business is in Christchurch, New Zealand.
This statement explains our policies and practices regarding the use and disclosure of your personal information by Melbourne Music Teachers.
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by Melbourne Music Teachers as explained in this Privacy Statement.
You have complete control over your personal information. In general, you can visit our website without providing us with any personal information. However, there are instances where we must have your personal information in order for us to grant you an access to our protected and secured sites. This information may include registration data (your name, address, email address, phone number, title, etc.), information request data and response data ("User Information"). When you receive your confirmation email or when you receive any email from the list server, you will be given instructions on how to remove yourself from the list.
Use of User Information
We intend to use such information for purposes of supporting your and your employers relationship with Melbourne Music Teachers by designing a website content that is suitable to your needs and alerting you to new product and service offerings as they become available. This User Information may be retained by Melbourne Music Teachers to verify compliance with the agreement between Melbourne Music Teachers and your employer, to keep track of the domains from which people visit us, to create a user profile to better serve you and your employer, or to simply contact you either electronically or otherwise. If you decide that we should not use your personal User Information to contact you, please let us know and we will not use that information for such purpose. However, please do not submit any User Information if you are less than 18 years of age.
Disclosure of User Information
Melbourne Music Teachers does not sell, trade or transfer User Information to third parties.
We would only disclose User Information if:
- we have your consent
- we need to share it in order to provide you with the products and/or services you requested
You may separately agree to provide your personal information to third parties that provide content for Melbourne Music Teachers Offerings, in order to access and/or use their products and/or services. If you agree to provide such information to these third parties, then your personal information will be subject to their privacy policies.
Accuracy and Security
The accuracy and security of the User Information is important to Melbourne Music Teachers. Currently, you may review and request updates to your User Information retained by contacting Melbourne Music Teachers. If you contact us to correct your User Information, we will attempt to correct such inaccuracies in a timely manner. Melbourne Music Teachers is concerned with the security of your User Information and is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect it from unauthorized access and use of that personal information. To that end, we put in place the appropriate physical, electronic and managerial policies and procedures to secure your personal User Information. We also continue to implement procedures to maintain accurate, complete and current User Information.
Usernames and Passwords
Melbourne Music Teachers website provides links to other third party websites. Even if the third party is affiliated with Melbourne Music Teachers through a business partnership or otherwise, Melbourne Music Teachers is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such external links. These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only and you access them at your own risk.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, please contact Melbourne Music Teachers via our Contact Us page.
Introduction to our Membership Rules
Membership is for individuals and organisations in Melbourne that provide services such as music lessons and accompaniment, and wish to promote these services on the internet.
General Membership Rules
- You will not use this service in an attempt to trick, cheat or deceive anyone.
- The information you supply must be true and correct.
- Your membership account must provide a contact first name and surname, as well as a valid email address and telephone number. These details are displayed on the site for students and Melbourne Music Teachers to contact you. These details are never shared to any third parties.
- Members may not list duplicate entries for the same school using different accounts.
- We reserve the right to refuse membership and the right to suspend or discontinue membership if a member abuses the service or does not adhere to the rules of membership.
- We reserve the right to alter, change or remove anything on the website. This includes changing the appearance of content and removing details supplied by members.
- At no time will we be held responsible or accountable for service downtime, website unavailability, accuracy of details, change of service, or anything else regarding this service.
- If you have any questions regarding the Rules of membership, please contact Melbourne Music Teachers via our Contact page.
Termination of Access to The Member Secure Zone
- If your access is terminated, your member profile will be removed from our website.
Paid Membership Refund/Cancellation Policy
- If Melbourne Music Teachers refuses a new or renewing membership, paid members will be offered a refund.
- Paid membership cancellations received within 7 days of payment may be eligible to receive a full refund less any Bank or PayPal fees.
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations will be accepted via phone or e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the member or credit card holder.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
Profile naming conventions and rules
- Your profile name must begin with your trading name.
- Your profile name may not be prefixed with any characters or digits that do not form part of your company trading name (if applicable) or your personal name.
- Your profile name may not be prefixed with the name of the instrument(s) that you teach.
- Your profile name may not be prefixed with the name of the region(s) within which you teach.
We reserve the right to change profile names when they do not conform to the above naming conventions.
The following are examples of profile names which do not conform to our naming conventions:
- A Guitar teacher - George Benson
- AAA Piano Teacher - Bill Evans
- Drum Teacher Max Roach
The following are examples of profile names which conform to our naming conventions:
- George Benson School of Music
- Bill Evans - Piano Teacher
Keeping Your Profile Up to Date
- Members must keep their profile up to date and ensure their details and all information provided is current.
- As such, if you are a standard (free) member and have not updated your profile within a one year period, your profile will be disabled.
- We will, however, first send you an email notifying you of this and give you an opportunity to log in and verify that your profile is up to date.
Rules Pertaining to Material Submitted
- Copyright material may only be submitted with the owners consent. This includes changing the appearance of content and removing details supplied by members.
- Offensive or inappropriate material is not permitted.
- Registration of your profile requires contact details to be provided.
- We may send you an email every now and then.
- When we do, it is always relevant to your membership.
Changes to Rules of Membership
From time to time, we may make changes or additions to or delete any part of the Rules of Membership without the consent of Members.
Changes to the Rules of Membership, if made, shall be deemed to have been accepted by all Members after the changes are published on this website for two weeks.
Acceptance of terms
Advertising on this website is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the terms, conditions, notices and disclaimers contained on this page. These terms and conditions may change, in which case advertisers would be notified 30 days prior to any such change. Your use and access of this website constitutes your agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
Eligibility to advertise on Melbourne Music Teachers
Only business that promote products, services and events related to or benefitting the music industry, not necessarily music teaching itself, may advertise on Melbourne Music Teachers.
Melbourne Music Teachers reserves the right to refuse any advertiser on the website. This includes, but is not limited to, any business which may represent a conflict of interest with the purpose and commercial viability of the website.
Ethical behaviour, content and images
Advertisements should reflect the positive editorial policy of Melbourne Music Teachers and as such should uphold ethical behaviour, content and images.
Advertisements may be refused if deemed inappropriate for the site based on the principals and goals of the Melbourne Music Teachers.
Reports of false or misleading advertisements may result in the withdrawal of the advertisement from Melbourne Music Teachers's website.
Quality of artwork
We do realize that design is subjective, but we do have to include this clause so as to ensure the integrity of our website design - which advertisements play an important role in.
Advertising artwork production should be high resolution and aesthetically pleasing.
Melbourne Music Teachers may, at its own discretion, refuse advertisements where the artwork is considered of unacceptable production standard.
Advertisement display size
Because the Melbourne Music Teachers website has a responsive design, advertisement display sizes may vary dependent on the browser's screen width.
Advertising artwork production service
Melbourne Music Teachers supplies in-house advertising artwork production services. Prices are upon application and requirements.
Advertisement performance measures and representations
- We make no performance representations in terms of advertising on our website. The quality of advertisements and the quality of the external website links which advertisers provide play an integral role in determining the performance of an advertisement.
- The onus is on advertisers to determine click-throughs to their external links.
- Melbourne Music Teachers does not supply analytics on advertisement click-throughs.
Payment terms and conditions
- All references to dollars on this site refer to Australian Dollars (AUD) unless otherwise stated.
- Melbourne Music Teachers is not GST registered so no GST is added to pricing.
- Payments for services are in advance.
- Invoice payment terms are strictly 7 days or prior to the display of advertisements, which ever occurs first.
- It is agreed by the advertiser that any overdue account will result in suspension of your advertising service until such time as payment is received and will attract an administration fee for reinstatement of your service.
We pride ourselves on our highly ethical behaviour. As such, we want our advertisers to be delighted with their partnership with us.
So, whilst we endeavour to make every effort to maximize our advertisers experience with us, there are exceptions to every rule. So, we must point out these general terms:
- Melbourne Music Teachers does not refund for advertisements that are deemed under-performing by an advertiser.
- Melbourne Music Teachers will offer a 90% refund when at least 14 days prior notice is given of the withdrawal of a paid advertisement's commencement date.
These terms and conditions are to be governed by the laws of New Zealand.
This website is owned and operated by Michael Story and lists music teachers, tutors and accompanists who offer music lessons and services. Melbourne Music Teachers's principal place of business is Christchurch, New Zealand.
Melbourne Music Teachers offers you a wide range of content, communication tools, forums, and information about its products and services via this website.
By using this website, you are agreeing to accept and comply with the terms and conditions of use as stated below, which Melbourne Music Teachers may update at any time without notice.
Member Listings on Melbourne Music Teachers
Music teacher and accompanist listings on Melbourne Music Teachers does not imply Melbourne Music Teachers recommendation or endorsement.
Melbourne Music Teachers has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on the list is correct but accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the information.
Limited Right to Use
Unless otherwise specified, all content on this website is the property of Melbourne Music Teachers and is protected by the copyright laws of New Zealand.
You may, view, print and/or download the content from this website solely for your personal, informational, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
No content published by Melbourne Music Teachers on this website, in whole or in part, may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without prior written permission from Melbourne Music Teachers.
The use of any such content on any other website or for any other purpose is strictly prohibited and such unauthorized use may violate copyright, trademark and other similar laws.
Member Content and Profiles
Members are solely responsible for the content of their communications and profiles and their legality under all laws and regulations.
Members agree not to use this website to distribute, link to or solicit content that is defamatory, harassing, unlawful, libellous, harmful to minors, threatening, obscene, false, misleading, or infringing a third party intellectual or privacy rights.
Should any of these terms and conditions not be adhered to with respect to submitted content of any nature, your rights of use of any part of the website may be withdrawn, terminated, deleted or edited at the sole discretion of Melbourne Music Teachers.
In addition, Melbourne Music Teachers reserves the right to share any and all user content and submissions with law enforcement agencies should they be required to by law.
Access to Password Protected or Secured Areas
Access to and use of password protected or secured areas of this website is restricted to authorized users only.
You will be asked to provide accurate and current information on all registration forms on this website.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username and password that you choose or is chosen by your web administrator on your behalf, to access this website as well as any activity that occur under your username/password.
You will not misuse or share your username or password, misrepresent your identity or your affiliation with an entity, impersonate any person or entity, or misstate the origin of any content you expose through this website.
You are aware, agree and understand that Melbourne Music Teachers does not edit or control member content and profiles and as such is not responsible or liable for such content, but reserves the right, nevertheless to remove these without notice or reason at our sole discretion.
Melbourne Music Teachers will not have any liability or responsibility for the content of any communications posted to this website, or for any errors or violations of any laws or regulations by members.
Melbourne Music Teachers will comply with any court order in disclosing the identity of any person posting communications on this website.
Please note that when you conduct transactions with other companies providing content via this website, you will also be subject to their privacy policies.
Links to Other Sites
The linked sites are not under the control of Melbourne Music Teachers and Melbourne Music Teachers is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site.
Melbourne Music Teachers reserves the right to terminate any link at any time.
Melbourne Music Teachers may provide links from this website to other sites as a convenience to you and in no way should this be interpreted as an endorsement of any company, content or products to which it links.
If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this website, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Melbourne Music Teachers disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, to any such linked sites, including but not limited to any terms as to the accuracy, ownership, validity or legality of any content of a linked site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Melbourne Music Teachers harmless from and against any and all third party claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees and costs) arising out of, based on or in connection with your access and/or use of this website.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Melbourne Music Teachers or its suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages including, without limitation, loss profits or revenues, costs of replacement goods, loss or damage to data arising out of the use or inability to use this website or any linked site, damages resulting from use of or reliance on the information or content presented on this website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory even if Melbourne Music Teachers or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Melbourne Music Teachers takes no responsibility and accepts no liability whatsoever for any content or information of any type or nature, stored or uploaded by any party, or for any loss or damage as a result, including mistakes, libel, slander, defamation, obscenity, pornography, profanity, omissions or falsehoods contained in this websites or related websites.
Melbourne Music Teachers assumes no responsibility for accuracy, correctness, timeliness, or content of the content provided on this website.
You should not assume that the content on this website are continuously updated or otherwise contain current information.
Melbourne Music Teachers is not responsible for supplying content from the website that have expired or have been removed.
The content provided on this website are provided "as is" and any warranty (express or implied), condition or other term of any kind, including without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or title is hereby excluded.
Last updated: 12-July-2016 10:46 AM