Preston VIC, Australia Glen Waverley VIC, Australia
Violin Lessons | Viola Lessons | Artist development, Aural Lessons, Ensemble Coaching, Theory Lessons, Mixing and Mastering Lessons, VCE Music Exam Preparation
- Qualifications: Bachelor of Music Performance Degree Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, Bachelor with Honours degree Melbourne Conservatorium of Music, Master of Music Performance Melbourne Conservatorium of Music
- Pricing: $50-30 minutes $70-45 minutes $95-60 minutes $135- 90 minutes
- Styles: Classical, Contemporary
- Suitability: 3 years old ＋
As a professional violinist, Mi Yang has performed throughout China, the United Kingdom and in Australia; and has performed in regional cities throughout Victoria. Mi has received scholarships at university includes Bertha Jorgensen Exhibition and Corinna D’s Hage Mayer String Scholarship. Mia has given numerous recital and concerto engagements including:
- Wieniawski violin concerto no.2 op.22 with Melbourne Sinfonia in November 2015.
- In 2016, she has performed Mozart violin concerto in D major K 218 and Beethoven Romance in G major with Melbourne Musicians Orchestra.
- In 2018, Mia has been invited to give tours around the United Kingdom performing solo recitals and concertos.Forthcoming engagements include performances at the Cope‐Williams Arts Foundation and Recitals Australia; concertos by Haydn and Beethoven’s Triple Concerto. She successfully made a return tour to the United Kingdom in January 2019, Mia has performed Saint Saens Violin Concerto in B minor in the Great Hall at Good Enough College, She and her colleague concert pianist David Soo held a violin and piano recital in Brighton UK, she was phrased ‘ …Yang’s great strength, again apart from the consummate technical finesse, is a rich-toned violin, often dark-hued and digging quite deep into viola-like sonorities…Yang also shows in the Massenet in particular a capacity for rapt romantic tone in the highest reaches, an expressiveness that’s again both romantic and winning. Nothing’s overdone but Yang exudes a remarkably warm presence.’ by Fringe Review UK 2019.
As a violin teacher, Mia has plentiful teaching experience. Mia is very familiar with violin technical foundation and technique development of advanced violin works.
Mia has been sharing her experience of various performances with advanced students. She aims to form a good foundation of violin techniques for beginners to support their future study. Many of her students have won scholarships to various private schools and specialist arts schools throughout Victoria.Mia’s students have completed AMEB and ABRSM exams of all levels with a distinction (A) and high distinction (A+).Mia has students ( 12 years old -14 years old) successfully pass AMusA and LMusA. Her students have also scored exceptionally well in the annual VCE Music Performance (Solo) examinations. Mia’s students have successfully auditioned and been offered positions in MYO Flagship Orchestra and other MYO programs.
Mia has professional experience to help students building up a strong technique system, in order to support their musicianship. Mia is very confident to teach SUZUKI TEACHING METHODS and help student to succeed in VIOLIN EXAMS such as AMEB and ABRSM, include theory exam. She is fascinated with music and really wants to share and enjoy music with every student.