Piano Lessons | Theory Lessons, Mixing and Mastering Lessons, Skype Lessons
- Qualifications: MComp Composition For Screen, Royal College of Music, London
- Pricing: $70 for 1hr, $60 for 45min, $45 for 30min
- Styles: Pop, Film Music, Classical, Blues, Jazz and more.
- Suitability: All ages welcome at a beginner or novice level.
Rob is a piano tutor and composer based in Alphington. Originally from the U.K. he has a background in music production and performance and has a post-grad degree from the Royal College of Music, London. He has written music cues for shows such as ‘Bear Grylls: Escape From Hell‘ and ‘The Taste’ with Nigella Lawson, as well as writing regularly for music libraries such as composing film trailer music with Universal. Rob has five years experience teaching all ages with the majority of his students being young children. Learning to play the piano is, all at once accessible and offers great challenges, the rewards are also great and very achievable with the guidance from someone who knows how to get you there quicker.
Ever watched a film and thought “I’d love to be able to play that music on the piano?” The Star Wars Main Theme? Pixar’s film UP? Disney’s Moana? Or you want to be able to play that song you were just listening to on Spotify or iTunes? The great news is it is achievable with this piano tuition!
- Tuition from a professional who writes music for film and television
- Strong knowledge of AMEB exam syllabus
- Ability to teach a wide range of pop music styles, film music themes and classical music.
- Lessons at Rob’s home in Alphington (will travel to students if not too far)
- Skype lessons available
Students could be a complete beginner or maybe already know a little and would like to learn to play music they are in to and know proper technique will be developed. Having fun in lessons is vital too! Students will benefit greatly from Rob’s knowledge of pop and film music, and songs are sourced or written out to match their individual skill level so know that anything is achievable.